Your family villa holiday accommodation will need to provide you and your family
the flexibility and privacy you need for a relaxing holiday in the sun. Choosing
the right villa for your family holiday is important as many villa accommodation
offer different facilities. So when choosing which villa to book create a checklist
of your own so that you can compare the different villas and decide which would offer
you and your family the facilities that you want. We have created a checklist below
of the Top 3 items that you can use as a template from which to create your own :-
Creating your own checklist for choosing your villa in Portugal:-
1. How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you need? Do you all need a bedroom each or
could you share to keep the cost down?
2. Do you want a private pool which is not shared with any other villas?
3. Do you need the pool to be heated? Typically this is recommended as the difference
in the outside temperature and the temperature of the pool water can be significantly
Family Holiday Villas - Location
1. Do you want to be near a beach, the countryside or a town centre?
2. Do you want to be close to local amenities such as shops, restaurants and cash
3. Are you looking for a villa which is located near any attractions such as water
Family Holidays in Portugal - Booking inside or outside of peak season?
Having agreed what villa accommodation you need and which type of location you want
it is now possible to consider when you would like to travel :-
1. Peak season months can be very hot (especially for small children), so could you
go on holiday in April, May and October when the temperatures are still high enough
to sunbathe and villa accommodation prices are lower than in peak season?
2. Check the estimated temperatures at the various times of the year to see what
the difference in temperatures are but often they are only slightly different - so
travelling outside of peak season but still inside of school holidays is a real option
for many families.
In the Algarve - Airport Destinations for your Family Villa Holiday
Many airlines fly regularly into Faro airport, but other destinations such as Lisbon
and Malaga are only a few hours drive away from the Algarve and can offer cheaper
flights than flying straight to Faro. The Portuguese airline TAP are certainly one
of these carriers to consider.